Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

Currywurst and cars, but no Clarkson



I'D like to tell you about all the exciting automotive developments in the north west this week, but I can't because I'm in Germany.

Here I have been blasted down the autobahn at speeds which in the UK would be very illegal, I've seen many mouthwatering motors which have clearly had kots of love lavished on them by their owners and - best of all - I managed to gatecrash a gathering of gorgeous old Maseratis earlier today (more on this soon - stay tuned). Germany, clearly, has a lot of petrolheads.

But they don't have my favourite motoring TV show, which is on the airwaves back in Blighty and I'm knowingly missing out on.

Some say that it's never far from controversy, and that it could only ever be presented by three opionated, middle-aged men.

All I know is it's called Top Gear.

Life On Cars writer David Simister is currently overdoing it on the currywurst, but normal, British-based service will resume tomorrow (July 17).

No comments:

Post a Comment