Pages

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Toys, pram, etc


I’VE been spoilt rotten.

The Peugeot 207 CC I’ve had on test since the epic race between Settle and Carlisle is going back today, and while I’m going to miss the turbo rush and the delicate steering, for now I’m going to miss the joy of driving a car altogether.

Due to a series of admin cock-ups, the Life On Cars Mini is now raring to go and blessed with an MOT and insurance, but due to the inevitable postal slowdown over the Easter break I haven’t received the details I need to tax it. So it’s sat in a garage in the suburbs of Southport with a freshly-fettled A Series engine ready to blast me off on a summer of adventures….but I can’t drive it legally yet.

Nor is The £100 Car to hand; my other half needed a motor to get to Berkshire on a work placement she’s landed, so that’s currently sat in a car park in Beaconsfield and therefore useless to a Northern motoring hack.

Now, where did I put that Raleigh Chopper?

UPDATE: The man from Peugeot has just taken the 207 CC away from me…and left me with a 308 CC instead!

This is an unexpected surprise but I’m not complaining because a) it’ll give me a chance to discover whether a bigger cabrio gets around the 207’s problem of seriously cramped rear accommodation and b) it means I can still get about while the Renault’s down south and the Mini’s evading tax laws.

I’ll still be objective, I promise, but grateful doesn’t cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment